Tuesday, September 11, 2012

We support our good friend Abby Asistio's decision to go bald!

Photobucket




Nobody Else produced by C.H. Did you know, Abby Asistio also appears in Marquiss' G.R.A.E.


FROM ABBY ASISTIO: My name is Abby Asistio, singer/songwriter and tv host from the Philippines, and I’m coming out bald in public for the very first time this September 25th.

WHAT?!?! Haha, BALD?!?! Well yeah… Since I was 4, I’ve had Alopecia Areata, a hairloss disease that has left me balding, or completely bald, most of my life. It’s been very difficult… Our world is one that’s obsessed with beauty and it’s given that having luscious locks, the crowning glory of a woman, plays such a big part in that. Your hair’s supposed to look & feel lovely! That’s what men want anyway. It would be a shame not to take care of it, to not maintain it’s silky, long gorgeousness… Imagine the horror of not having any.

I went through a lot of tough periods in my life. Growing up, I have accepted the fact that I could never meet that standards set by the world when it comes to beauty. Hence I could never be completely beautiful. If I were to even fit in and be considered normal, I must resort to hiding under hats, bandanas and my ever so reliable (though sometimes double dead looking and wiggly) wigs. Hehe, there’s no cure for Alopecia. There are temporary and sometimes physically traumatic solutions, but none that could actually cure the disease. So with the help and support of my family and closest friends, I coped however way I could. And though it wasn’t easy, with all the crying, name calling, bullying & rejection that accompanied my situation, I lived a pretty normal life. Sorta…


READ MORE ON ABBY ASISTIO'S COMING OUT BALD HERE.


Abby, we here at Turbulence Productions - support you every step of the way! See you on the 25th!







No comments: