Friday, March 5, 2010

ILL K Entry 15 "FRANCIS M's DEATH ANNIVERSARY"

Photobucket



NINJA KIDS for life my iggins.


B-ROC - March 6
Written by R. Andres Jr.
Produced by B-Roc for Turbulence Productions/Soulfiesta Studios
Song appears in BACK TO THE NEW SCHOOL (Turbulence 2009)



Radio is killin true OPM when
they wouldn't give Francis M promotion then
and just cause he's dead, over that weekend
they started playing his songs in all stations
a cold statement, but the truth must dent
you gotta pay your rent, and there's money in death
your ratings rose, hiphops making the news
its the type of hype that some will abuse
cause while we were mourning, while we was hurting
somebody wanted to shoot a video for him
I mean, great! you did a song for him before he died
how do you really think he feels inside
sure you spoke, sure you text and kept you inspired
but let the family grieve his death for awhile
before you get your shine on, tv, radio grind on
we burying our king, good reason we turn our mics off


Let me say it again
we burying our king, good reason we turn our mics off Kyle
I mean, I understand you had to do what you had to do
but the timing just wasn't sitting perfect with me, nah mean?
Shoutouts to The Beatshop, dope ass beats bro!

And all my high school friends from back in the day
claim they hiphop now since he passed away
this Kaleidoscope World is shady at times
cause there's only few of them, who remember his lines
yes you're repping, when you're wearing 3 Stars And A Sun
but would you even care, if he wasn't gone
buy the shirts, help his fam, but never get it twisted
the FM that you knew, was the one who had the sickness
Friendster, Myspace, and bulletin boards
cats flooding bout the news, and to check out they songs
Imeem, YouTube tons of honoring songs
see fans write about it, but don't show up in shows

and so -- do we really give a damn
about the man, about his death, legacy and his plans
and yo -- do we really give a damn
about the man, what he left, or do we really want his crown?

Suddenly you're the fan now,
where were you when Wisdomination came out?
and all these tribute songs man, they gotta stop
lets all move forward, nah mean?
this ain't politically correct, this might offend my political connects

The only day I cried was when I saw Gloc cry
and it felt so good seeing Andrew E by his side
hiphops infatuation with love and hate
its easy to blur the line when we lose somebody great
for a moment, its about him resting in peace
rocking mics Ron Henley, Hi-C, Dice and Klumcee
And while in SG, I was watching the show
couldnt help my tears, so I had to let them go
some lives come full circle, others half baked
we were all born originals, some of us die fakes
some take advantage of the little-est things
some misunderstood for what they actions really mean
some of us breeze through the challenges of life
some of us live in lies trying to put up with the fight
some are blessed to be winners, some are friends some are foes
some have some, while some have most

It's still To The Billboard all day
Rest in power pai, I mean
Remember that time when you told me you wanted to sing
Frank Sinatra songs in Vegas during your finals years in this game?
I have it on tape, I watch it every single time I can man


My team's doing work FM dontchu worry
I wanna see you soon, but I'm not in a hurry




TO ALL MY FRIENDS AND READERS: It has dawned on me that yes I sound self righteous half of the time but it is cause I do wanna look out for you and for you not to make the same mistakes that I've learned in life. Making this song was not making a tribute song for FM but rather address how the fans act -- in reaction to losing a father figure. Some capitalized on it, some felt the need to do something hiphop with something so human, death. I felt compelled to stick my nose into it and address it. I, being a fan and a grown man at that, couldn't let people go about doing they thing through a circumstance that I felt deserved more reflection than reaction. And yes, I saw Krazykyle a week after we launched BACK TO THE NEW SCHOOL and like a man I told him I put his name on a song and he should check it out. But today, lets marinade on the beautiful person Francis M truly was -- and breathe through the forever complexity of reactions by his untimely death.



REVISIT ARTICLE DEATH OF A KING, A HAPPY BATTLE
REVISIT BACK TO THE NEW SCHOOL




No comments: