Thursday, March 19, 2009

DEATH OF A KING, A HAPPY BATTLE

Francis M. - Wag Kang Tumawa


Death of a King, a Happy Battle
Written by B-ROC


Meron akong ano, meron akong kuwento.

The last time I spoke to Francis Magalona, he texted me that he had almost died during his last chemo therapy and I was bugging him about it, that it would take a bigger force to take him down and that he is stronger than he actually thinks he is. He would then tell me how excited he was being featured in a Marvel graphic novel and he was ecstatic about it! We would exchange notes on files included in his exclusive CD singles free with his FMCC shirt purchases, since I was working on its production since the first single. He told me after the album he's doing with Hardware Syndrome and The Sickos Project, he would want to do a final hiphop album. That sunny day in December 2008, we only spoke about his victories and with all humility of a wise king, he asks me to keep him in my prayers.

As a struggling hiphop artist in the Philippines, I've already reached the most important moment in my career, earning Francis Magalona's respect....


1 comment:

trip tha Light said...

let's all light up prayer for him, cuz.. the man was my hero too..

1!