Saturday, March 21, 2009

BEYOND Beyond: Entry 9 "I'VE DECIDED..."

Did you know: Chris Webber retired under the Golden State Warriors team.
The same team that drafted him number 1 more than a decade ago.

..TO RETIRE FROM MAKING BEATS. The last person I've promised to make a beat for is K-JAH. After which, I am retiring from making beats. Thank you to everyone I've worked with, its been a ride I'll remember for a lifetime. I've some beats out there coming out in various albums (from under my label and from some people outside my label) for the rest of the year. But as of today, I'm set, retiring my production jersey. MARCH 22, 2009. Cheers. No April Fools here Chrizo. Teddy, batter up.




LOVE,
LIVE LIFE,
PROCEED,
PROGRESS.

3 comments:

derangedpoet said...

It was a very memorable experience working on a track with you Bigbro. On behalf of LDP I would like to say thank you for our very 1ST Studio Session exclusively @ SOULFIESTA :)

CHRiZO said...

YO. 1st of all. I don't see how that is entirely possible. For one, beatmaking is not a craft that fades with age. It gets better with age. Their are plenty of producers out there but the best ones are above 35 years old. Pro athletes like basketball players get bum knees and ankles then they lose their hops through time. Speaking for myself, they'd have to decapitate my arms for me to stop making beats. I don't see you quitting totally.. I bet you got some heat up your sleeves. That was abrupt decision. Trust me, if you stop making beats.. my life gets harder! LOL.. Anyways.. This will be an on-going discussion.

CIRYL said...

to retire from lacin' up knockers AND happy with the road you paved. i salute you sir.

"The soundtrack still runs through my head
I gotta keep every single step
As old as we get, we don't forget
We won't forget
We don't forget" -atmosphere

btw, feelin chrizo's comments hella hard. aint no shame on dustin off the jersey & goin at it again. ;)keep it movin!

much love & respect

CIRYL