Wednesday, March 18, 2009

We Celebrate Life!

I'm still bugged out about Francis Magalona's death. Can't seem to blog right but I'll just go right into it. I heard a lot of dope stuff over the weekend. Congrats to AMPON for the event they did, Marlowe told me there was a Down Earf impromptu performance! And that my brothers Ryan and Dominic did they thing! Props to Musikko.com for giving hiphop a stage to pour they souls on! Heard a bunch of things when I called up the guys! Word to DJ Mike, DJ Excaliber for coming through! And J-Hon told me he was about to get married, somebody get to the bottom of that! Also, I hear LDP's moved into the number 4 spot! Don't stop voting people! Then there's also that sneak peek at Same Team's new song. Damnit yo, I'm missing the grind over there!


But not to be outshined, hehehe, I did attend a gig here in Singapore. IMPROMPTU is remeniscent of The Community episodes we've all grown to love. This underground get together was done in a part of the Singapore Museum, more like a hall. It was a young crowd all together or I just feel old doing this hiphop ish, hehehe. A good ratio of boys to girls supporting the acts they came to see. CD's sold at the entrance. CD's were sold at 5$SG which is tantamount to around 150PHP. Not much CD's sold if I may say, but each one who came through paid the 5$SG entrance fee. I spoke to the organizer, Freeky Z, couple of weeks back that I wanna come through and give some CDS away. Which I did, and they loved it. I also got pulled to the stage to say a few things and hinted that it could be a possbility that I fly an act from SG to Manila to perform at our show and they will do vice versa.

Just before I left, there was this kid that rocked the show! His name was Cuisine,
he was labelled as the best emcee and battle emcee Singapore had to offer. I tuned in, and yeah well out of the bunch I heard, this guy stood out. From his beat selections to his acapella to his song topics. It wasn't a surprise to me to find out that he's a Filipino that grew up in Hongkong. Spoke to him after the show, and gave him his props.


After which, I went to watch Watchmen which sucked. The effects where good, but the screenplay was a little off compared to the graphic novel I read. The director was good, the casting was on point! I think they just had a hard time conveying the intricacy of the original piece while keeping its relevance. Tough novel to give life to if you ask me.

Over the weekend as well, I finished my Francis Magalona piece. It was 4 pages long, I don't know if I'm suppose to post it somewhere. I might just go and send it to Joey Dizon of PULP or Annie of FUDGE, whichever publicaiton decides to publish it first. I'll keep you guys posted. Lastly, do check out Corporate Lo-Fi's album launch and cop the cd!



Corporate Lo-Fi Album Laucn @ MAGNET The Fort, this friday MARCH 20 with performances by People's Future, Sinag, Pamilia Dimnagiba, Sino Sikat and a lot more!

FOOTNOTE: The two songs that features Hotnixx, were songs he recorded even before Turbulence was a label. I remember Nixx would go and commute to studios around Q.C. just to put in work. Enjoy this old school treat! Holla back!

No comments: