Monday, May 31, 2010

2010 SOULFIESTA Pinas Hiphop Power Rankings #30

POWER RANKING 30

Number 30 goes to H-Town/Empire Entertainment



June 1. Time to breath in new life to everyone. I know this blog is integral on how we want things moved and I've always taken responsibility for what I write and represent. I've had my share of Source Magazine reads throughout the years, I have some stacked in the studio -- and what has continuously remained in my head over the years is their Power 30 Issue. It's sort of a reassessment of what has transpired in their year, and listed down facts about artists strength, weakness and vision for the following year. For the rest of June, I am climbing that mountain I've set my eyes on -- which is to give justice to my own Power 30. This Power 30 will be based on people who directly have been putting in work for the scene in Pinas, so regardless of how good they've been doing, you will not see APL and Bambu in this list. This Power 30 is looking at hiphop in Pinas as a whole and will hit you with some curve balls.


Number 30: H-Town/Empire Entertainment - H-Town has always been leading the corporate ladder for hiphop in Pinas through his tenure as station manager at the defunct Power 108 and Blazin' 105.9 and now at MAX FM. He continuously promotes hiphop through his radio show, his events and his tie up with top local music magazine, PULP. He also is the man behind the Annual Philippine Hiphop Awards. Lately though, H has been a target for many because of the under achievement of the past two awards and many felt misrepresented. This resulted to the lack luster showing of the Hiphop Awards turned Hiphopalooza. Which ultimately puts him at number 30 -- and knowing H as a hustler, this just might fuel him to show more and do more for this coming year. I just wish he could put into the MAX FM play list some good OPM hiphop music, put our songs in the countdown and break more artist by actually using his show as a platform, not to just showcase OPM music but to actually develop the listeners taste.



NOTES: This picture of H-Town was taken from his Facebook account, which ultimately is a picture of T.I. -- some promotional collaterals from one of his albums. Good photoshop job if you ask me.

No comments: