Monday, May 31, 2010

2010 SOULFIESTA Pinas Hiphop Power Rankings #29

POWER RANKING 29



Lon - Weed Smoker Slow Jam (Produced by Phillip Louvert)


Number 29: Brown Biscuit Music - I came home the other week and popped in their new CD, The Sicktape, on my player to cruise to on my way to Music Museum. I'm quite surprised with the development of Lon and his team. Konfuzed has definitely stepped up his beat game, Lon definitely has compressed all his learnings in each song he touches. I remember giving Lon a hard time, and this only shows perseverance from his end as he continues to push music out of his side of town. The only thing his team needs now is more confidence, play they cards right and this is why I'm putting it out there -- Konfuzed is doing sampling justice, and Lon is finding his identity in his music! Lon is mad nice with his and part of putting up a label is the thrill of finding a new artist that no one has heard. Brown Biscuit Music has been making music with no boundaries, they are delving into video as of late, hitting up shows to perform and show support and getting themselves featured in different blogs -- affiliation or no affiliation, Brown Biscuit Music reminds me on how we started Turbulence and the potential of being a voice for the independent scene, carry on tradition. Keep on keeping on kids! I want to see Brown Biscuit Music do more collaborations outside they're house and impress the shit out of other cats!




No comments: