Monday, June 29, 2009

Beyond Beyond: ENTRY 20 "Dear Manila"


Dear Manila,

I'm back in Singapore. I tried my best, you know I did. The deals were getting stalled and at a time I was only waiting on that. But you know, you didn't want me boxed up to waiting. You knew you were going to get to me after a while. We did it again. I came back strong, and I made sure they'll remember me by, just as we've always planned. This trip was bittersweet, seeing my team reunited again is always a plus. Hey Manila, we done smashed the game again! I came in time for AMP BLVD/Aquariuss Launch last May 19 -- that show was bonkers, surprising people of my presence and really just mingling within the scene I crafted with these hands. Also, having to celebrate PHD's and Datu's birthday on the same day, makes working all the more sweeter. Manila, you knew I had to straighten out some people in my team. It all worked out well in the end, we all fam anyways. Some of these cats just ain't ready to see millions yet, no worries, we'll get there.

Less than ten days later, we get to launch ILL-J's Logic For Reason album. That show was hella dope too. Laid back and more grown up. It was my kind of gig, hehehe. Just before June 1 hit, me, Chano and Chrizo was hella blazed in the studio -- when I picked up the challenge of Back 2 The New School. Blame it on the herb, we done did it and delivered. FREE MUSIC for the world, Manila. You were there, you saw how we did the radio, mishaps occur, treated this free release like any other release we done did, clock work. "MARCH 6" did what its supposed to do, stir up some hearts and show another side of the story, you taught me well. Before releasing the album, me and Chrizo got featured on Gadget Magazine's JULY ISSUE. Manila, you know how I hate sleeping without nothing to show for.

In the short period that I was around you, I never thought it would be even possible to fullfill my OCTOBER 12 blog, but somehow you gave me a chance. Meeting new artists in their rawest forms is always a thrill for me. Thats what our success was built around, Manila. You know it, you know how Nimbus, Gdub & Marquiss started out. God bless your talents Manila, I will find my way towards you again sometime. A good friend of mine, Mark Villegas will be around to weave through your talents, show him what you showed me all these years.

Beyond, beyond's end finally starts. We finished the video shoot already, the piece that you gave Dominic is heavenly. His team did your vision justice. They should be editing it by now. I left just before they packed up the shoot. Leaving everyone still working. You know how I do, Manila. I had fun Manila, don't forget about me while you write your history. I am now retiring from making beats, again. Some of them won't believe me, Manila. You tell them soon, okay? Make them miss a brother who always worked hard with his team. TEAM STRONG still.


Sincerely yours;

Original Roc Boy ng Pinas


P.S. Please take care of my family, my brothers and sisters, my peers and my enemies.

No comments: