Saturday, July 10, 2010

ILL K Entry 57 "KIM FABROS x I SURRENDER"

KIM FABROS



Kim Fabros - I Surrender (Unreleased Track) (Produced by B-Roc)



Saturday, just hung around my household and dug some old music from the studio. Man, when I said my catalog is UNFUCCWITABLE, I myself get surprised with what I have. I mean even tracks that never made it to songs - I got to listen to a few of em, with a verse or two in it - I mean I have a Mike Swift track with a PHD verse and that beat is still banging, chu know about that neegi.

And yeah well through my diggin' I cam across this track I did with Kim Fabros back in 2005. This is a beat I made in 2004 - I remember making it, burning a CD with 2 other beats and handing it to Kim Fabros at a 7 Shots gig. At that time I wasn't even using sampling to make beats, had to bang everything out from these very hands. I'm a sucker for horns - thats why I love Bojam's work - I had an alto saxophone sound I was messing with for this beat. The weekend after giving it to Kim Fabros she was too kind to tell me that she liked 2 of the 3 beats I put in the CD.

The game is in a good position now - but I do believe we are missing out on a lot of diversity not having Kim Fabros lace us up. She has done work with 7 Shots, Madd World, DJ Arbi and tons more. But what people dont know is that she has been wanting to piece up together her debut solo album - I was asked early this year what my dream project would be and I answered two people, I said Kim Fabros' album and well the other, I have now forgotten.

Kim recorded this session as a guide to what the song can potentially be - but we never had a chance to re-record it nor her finish writing to it. But here, I'ma let you guys into this song - and just hear what the game's been missing out on. I mean come on yo, this joint is 5 years old!







1 comment:

trip tha Light said...

stuff still sounds fresh though..

keep on

1!