Friday, December 31, 2010

Most slept-on album of 2010: LYFE JENNINGS "I STILL BELIEVE"

LYFE



Lyfe Jennings - I Still Believe



This blog is about music, and well - what a year it has been. A great journey, conquering old fears and carrying momentum of something I've believed in all my life. Thank you to everyone who made my year impossibly possible. Who would've thought I'd make as much impact with my team - running things from Singapore to eventually getting grounded by the Immigration officer and sent back to the islands. Thank you Lord. for the lessons and helping me work situations I hated. I've heard incredible news all throughout the year - music and non music related.

I would like my last entry of 2010 be about music, and be about someone's music that carried me through great feats this year. Part of discovering music is knowing no one else has it but you - or in this case being the second person to hear it and build a relationship with the music you just uncovered. Jess Sabater is the ultimate Lyfe Jennings fan, and he turned me to him - he gave me a copy of his supposed last album which was released this year, I STILL BELIEVE.

Since its the last day of 2010, I figured I've held on to this secret too long. I STILL BELIEVE is the most slept on album of the year. In this album, Lyfe offers listeners a wide range of lessons - but never sounded uncomfortable. He kept his songs within his writing range but deep enough to encourage new fans. Sonically, the album is king - melodies weren't trying hard to keep your attention. I don't know - it could also be I'm at a different page in my life, but yeah - the album hits home.

If this is his last album, I'll be contented to know - and you'll be happy to know, this is as refreshing as The Black Album, if you know how to pay attention to real music. Songs like "Learn From This", "Coulda Been Worse", "Done Crying" -- are testaments of growth, and with that said -- I welcome you all to listen to my 2010 via a Lyfe Jennings album.



You're welcome.



LINKS REMOVED AS REQUESTED BY ARTIST.





No comments: