Sunday, April 3, 2011

ILL K Entry 79 "KINGDOM COME"

ILL KINGS

ILLEGITIMATE KINGS CLOTHING AVAILABLE AT WELEGENDARY NOW


Illegitimate Kings in the building! Over the past few months we've been developing the brand, countless designs, revisions and campaigns. ILL K is a partnership between me and PHD, who has been helping me develop the brand, so split the props to his contributions and patience for the line to finally see the light of day. ILL K's roots comes from me being struck by a line from one of Arkane's songs which ultimately fed the idea of counquering kingdoms not necessarily laid out or inherited.

The household is a decent representation of what a kingdom is nowadays, and we grew up thinking our fathers are Kings. His career, his way of ruling -- his kingship is something we consequently inherit. We are all kings, of different kingdoms. It is a choice to inherit the kingdom or choose a different path. Illegitimate Kings, the brand -- stands for the passion inside you to choose a different path, to build your own road, to fight the battles to conquer new lands and forge a new kingdom all together.

Be it art, another vocation, another career, an old passion, a new venture -- KING IT. This is what WE stand for. The choice to ultimately turn your back from what you've been molded to do, to pursue what you were born to do at all costs.

This first batch of prints are exclusively available at We Legendary Kamuning and Ronac as limited editions. Get yours, available for PHP 550, or send your orders via illegitimatekings2011@gmail.com and be the first to rock it!



B-ROC - My Love (Produced by B-Roc)



And being that this is the official release of ILL K, we are also letting go of an unreleased song entitled "MY LOVE". Written around 2006, off the strength of The Community shows and the love I was being shown by everyone for helping hiphop catch another milestone. I say its a delicate position to be in, my team will always be why I get the love I get. Enjoy the music, it means alot to us that you do!



Kept believing in myself, dependent on love
Planted my dreams with God, and He did show love
Studied the game from a far, played my role on the bench
Gave daps to the stars, time learning well spent
Seasons come and go, but my love never withered
Patiently waiting like Excaliber in that river
I'm a king in my own right, lead my people to new heights
With sound mind & judgment, turntables and Shure mics






No comments: