Tuesday, October 2, 2012

BAMBU x B-ROC "BRONZE WATCH"

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket



One Rifle Per Family, is going to be Bambu's last full length album.


I had worked with Bambu prior to this day. I had sent him a beat for an upcoming posse track for Mike Swift's "Legendary" double disc album back in 2006 -- he sent me back his vocals and well, that song is yet to see the light of day. Fast forward to 2012, six years later - I had a chance meeting with him at a meet and greet I went to. I had a chance to tell him about this beat I made in 2004. I told him, it has a sick sample that went "I got you wishing you were brown" translated into different dialects - Ilocano, Tagalog and Cebuano. I watched Bambu's homecoming concert alongside Mastaplann and well -- I was moved by his performance, remembered this beat and decided to unearth it.

This beat was made in 2004 -- the sample is from a great band from the 70s. This beat has been sitting in my studio for years. My team had plans of using it, but I always felt it wasn't the right time to meddle with this beat. I sent this beat over to Bambu and didn't hear from him for days. To my surprise, he decides to include it in his album, telling me that I might have just landed the intro for his album. Shocked and proud I decided to keep my mouth shut.

"Bronze Watch" - the title as explained to me by Bam has its significance in this setting. He considers this his last full length LP - and while I leave it to him to explain to you how he feels about making albums and fans consuming it, I will tell you that it makes alot of sense. He tells me, businessmen often buy gold watches when they retire -- and well a bronze watch for his retirement.

Tons of producers contributed to this classic piece of time art. I invite you to go and get a copy of the album, Rent Money tour jumps off on Oct 11 in San Diego CA and next month, Bambu goes live again in Manila. It truly is an amazing moment in my production career to have worked with one of the best mcs out there in my time! Shoutouts to Mr. Rey! Album artwork by Manila Ryce.



BUY "ONE RIFLE PER FAMILY" VIA ITUNES HERE.
BUY "ONE RIFLE PER FAMILY" CD & SHIRT HERE.
LISTEN TO "BRONZE WATCH" HERE.










No comments: