Wednesday, November 18, 2009

KANYE's GLOW IN THE DARK BOOK



KANYE WEST GLOW IN THE DARK


Yesterday, my grandma brought home a book for me -- GLOW IN THE DARK. I began my journey in art via drawing; understood and relearned composition each and everytime I see photographs. I would also spend hours online just browsing through pictures, graphic designs and ad campaigns just so when I design my banners and posters, I have a collage of pictures I can look at. By far, in the years of my adult life doing music -- no picture book could've been better to have than this one. The book is bigger than your regular magazine, which allows you bigger pictures. And the interview done within it is simply indulging.

Earlier in this blog I mentioned how you can differentiate the effects of destiny and fate only through looking back. Kanye does a good job in compiling this, and looking back making footnotes of the moments captured in pictures. He's destined to be a great artist, whether culturally pop or just flamboyantly arrogant. His love for pop culture isn't tucked away amidst the hard undergound image we heads want our artists to be. Though it may turn you off -- the realness to oneself is a gift for one, not for two.

Composition and lighting, these are words we see pictures by. I'm drawn to pictures as much as I am drawn into a dope verse. And as a musician, we are all of different makes. I remember talking to Gap and our affinity to drawing and music -- I told him, some people write they're music considering words, experiences, metaphors and style -- while we, as we've drawing all our lives, our music comes from a different perspective. We write music considering the light so we can paint the picture vivid.



No comments: