Sunday, November 1, 2009

LOONIE MONDAYS: F WITH THIS G

Photobucket



Loonie - F With This G

November 2, the first monday of the month and as promised, Soulfiesta incooperation with 6000 GOONZ is featuring Loonie all month long. Today I brief you on the up coming classic of an album he is making "THE ONES WHO NEVER MADE IT". A month ago, I caught Loonie perform in Saguijo and just a week ago, I had a chance to listen to most of the tracks made for this release, and all I told him was "Francis M. would have loved this!"

There is a song in this release that caught my ear the most "XXX" -- a little personal and bare, I wouldn't spoil it for you guys, but to me seeing Loonie's wit and klever lines approach sensitiveness is always a mark of growth. The infamous "Isang Bara Ka Lang" which now has a verse from Gloc himself is definitely a sure favorite! The entire album is pieced together brilliantly from skits to songs, they all fit perfect for the concept and for the timing. There is a song about call center agents' lives which will definitely catch you off guard and turn heads -- we all had a realization of the call center life but Loonie put it in words vividly. The caliber of guests in this album will show how Loonie's skill is unmatched even with the best out there. And yeah! Trapp did his thing on a verse here as well -- far better than what most of your guys are used to!

A more indepth review will follow soon as the album comes out and I've sat down on everything from music to the execution of the CD. But in advance, I want to congratulate Loonie for keeping his focus on building with his team. Congratulations to 6000 Goonz for carving this classic album!

No comments: