Wednesday, November 28, 2012

#THISISYOURCAPTAINSPEAKING x Pino G x Maduming Kwarto




Soulfiesta x Maduming Kwarto




"We will not feel the same way about this album, but that's the point." I released an instrumental album with the knowledge that it will be shared to emcee's -- and as a creative to another, these beats were made to invoke feelings to anyone doing anything creative. Whether you paint, rap, write, sculpt, design shirts, working out, working on school stuff -- this release was for you. So to Pino G, Seth and the rest of DRP -- thank you. I appreciate  this pleasant surprise.

There are different stories behind each beat, and there are reasons behind the titles. If you ever want to find out, just ask -- for Gratitude -- it was sometime in 2005 or 2006 - the finality on which year escapes me so please forgive me. I was in Taiwan with my brother Ryan when we were diggin' in a local record store. My brother actually picked up this CD, which I won't tell you what it was, hehehe -- but introduced me to works by Eric Roberson and Jaguar Wright. This sample was the last track in the album. I heard it when my brother played it in the store and already sort of had the sample chopped in my head. So soon as we came home, I messed around with it and stashed it. Scratches came from a DJ Jazzy Jeff record, and put the sound of people cheering behind the hook part.

Gratitude was made for Crecon, a hiphop group that consists of Arkane, Psylent and me. Gratitude was actually entitled "Thank You" - and was made to give thanks to everyone who -- well you get the point. Same reason it was last in the album, to signify a giving of thanks that the flight has now landed safely. The song never materialized. This beat also made it to Jin The MC's playlist -- and was also used by Kase for a video of him and his crew painting their entry for Wall Lords 2011.



Thank you once again, to everyone who downloaded the album.



No comments: