Monday, October 5, 2009

BEYOND Beyond: Entry 43 "Assorted Flava"



Candy - I Don't Need (Produced by Dan Gil)


Candy Cousart is MUSIC. The local music industry, for as long as I remember, have been looking for a legit R&B act for as long as I can remember. Being a fan of R&B music internationally and OPM myself, I can say -- Candy was as legit as we could have had. This album showcased her pen game, her melody crooning, her rhyming and was backed up by urban music powerhouses Madd World and Vibestation. I addressed this album a couple of months back as part of the top albums made in Pinas that would change your mind about Pinoy hiphop, give it a listen and see glimpses of Missy E and Aaliyah. This album as well displays Lowkey & Quaizy's top notch production on R&B songs and not rap music, which propels their beat game beyond their comfort zone. But the run away hit would have to be "I Don't Need" produced by Dan Gil (SVC, The Verve, Chillitees). I remember Hotnixx telling me the story of making this song, they were in the studio and the verse part actually was the hook -- and Candy had asked to sequence it invertedly, showing her vision and control.

Candy also developed a 2nd album while she was based in Vegas and that offering is fire! She came back home to hopefully release it but things went sour with her deals. I'm still waiting to get confirmation if we could get that album out here at Soulfiesta at least. Candy is now back in Vegas and enjoying the time of her life. Last 2006, Candy participated in The Community show -- and yo Dave Klassik, this is talent you're missing out on for your releases. She's the best out there.

Good peoples, aiyo Candy tell Josh and Clarissa what's good?


DOWNLOAD CANDY'S ASSORTED FLAVA ALBUM HERE.

2 comments:

Miao said...

love her album; i've since lost the case and cover art, but the album's safely ripped and transferred to my ipod. <3

Bone said...

Hi there,

I know this is 4 years too late but would it be possible for you to upload the album again? I've been looking everywhere for her album but I couldn't it. I knew her when I was younger. She once performed "Weak" with her sister Clarissa at some club in Malate. Those girls can sing! Thanks again and have a good day.