Monday, October 5, 2009

TO THE BILLBOARD x SILVERBACKS "FLY HOME"

FLYHOME




Killastormz feat. Quest - Fly Home (Produced by B-Roc)



Today, we speak about the Silverbacks album, which we conceptualized last year. Silverbacks, if you don't know, are the bravest gorillas in the herd, so with that said we move further into the music side of it. The inspiration behind the Silverbacks project comes from Training Day, the movie. We would like to bring it back to a more cinematic approach into beats and just bring lyricism with it as well. We already gave you a glimpse of it through last weeks release of "NEWS" -- today we are giving you "FLY HOME" by Killastormz.

As soon as I made the beat, I knew I wanted to hear a different side of Killa on it. Killa came to my studio and prior to that I told him I got the beat and he should make the beat cry. I done heard Killa in so many tracks but I've yet to hear him share something close to a prayer. So yeah, needless to say we banged this out just before he left for Davao that week. He has earlier flown out to Pinas with the rest of the Travelmatics and Camera Gangster team -- its still To The Billboard all day! I told Killa I'ma have Quest wrap it up just to create a more epic feel to it. Quest sums up the record with some quotables.


On a way to a brighter day, spread your wings and fly away
We're going to a better place, home I'm coming home
Flying means everyday, learn something new from every step you take
Don't be scared you're not alone, fly home, I'm coming home



NOTES: Silverbacks will feature new music from your favorite Turbulence artists, Mike Swift, Black, Don G, CJ Cruz, Killastormz, Jae Spillz, LDP and more. The devil is in the details they say, and I heard sunshine is back in Pinas. Riddles upon riddles.

No comments: