Wednesday, January 5, 2011

CHRIZO MAGNIFICO x PRAVERB

CHRIZO



Chrizo Magnifico JAN 2011 WEEKLY BEAT ENTRY - PARA KAY QUEEN T. MARIE




We all know Chrizo Magnifico as one of the best PI has as far as beat making. Constantly dorky and constantly perfecting his craft. He has released Thinking Man's Hiphop, GRAE, Logic For Reason in the past 2 years and have been working on soon to be classics for AMP, Aero and the Nimbusnine album. He recently fell in love with the WEEKLY BEATS SESSION - an online forum for producers who can showcase their craft through sampling. This adamant student of the game has garnered interest for that site -- recruiting PI's best to jump on the sample crazed event week after week. Here's a look into the recently concluded interview with him via Praverb's Blog.


PRAVERB: First and foremost can you provide a brief bio about your journey as a beatmaker.

CHRIZO: I have to credit my brother ILL-J for starting me off on my journey in hip-hop music. He was part of a well known hip-hop group called Sun Valley Crew (SVC) which started back in 1995. They released two albums during the 90s. I was heavily influenced by them and I tagged along their shows while I was still part of a garage band back then. I started making beats with a keyboard which I recorded onto a cassette tape. Then I did beats on the Music Generator game for the playstation1 which I also recorded onto cassette. Eventually, my brother and his group mates took me in and showed me the ropes on how to use ACID PRO. I used ACID pro for a good 7 to 8 years making several albums and mixtapes with my group Turbulence productions. Now I use Reason. I use the same CASIO keyboard I started making beats with as a midi trigger now.

PRAVERB: The first time you made a beat was in...

CHRIZO: 1998. It was on the CASIO keyboard I mentioned. It was out of sync and the quality was poor but I was still trying to be like DJ Premier nonetheless. I had no metronome. I recorded drums on cassette, re-record the drums plus other elements on another cassette tape. Just back and forth between two cassette tapes till the beat got done. It wasn't much, but that was the spark that started it all.




READ THE WHOLE INTERVIEW HERE.



No comments: