Monday, January 24, 2011

REX D x MARGAUX CORTEZ " FOLLOW MY LEAD"

REX D



Rex D feat. Margaux Cortez - Follow My Lead (Produced by Bojam of Flipmusic)



When you are in the presence of vets, best to take notes -- and don't forget to ask questions. I met REX D last year, hit me up to buy a True School shirt. He told me he raps and aspires to make an album -- I asked him if he played ball and told him to suit up for a Team Sunday session. When you get an invite like that, its an invite to learn and network with what possibly could be the most non-political atmosphere in this hiphop shit. And true to form, he used his ear more than his mouth. I vouched for him when I told Bojam to give dude a try -- and well having a studio session with beat monsters Flip Music is bound to give you a giant step into this playing field.

Rex D joined the Sunugan Battles, working his way through the right people. Performed at Soul Fillet and recently performed at the first FLIP FRIDAYS at Bella Bar. News is he is locking a deal with clothing brand, GroupedeVille - good job lil homie!

The song is called Follow My Lead, showing that despite his newness to the game, he done been putting in work - and has the best efficiency ratio, he has yet to fail and translates you to follow his lead, to do the work behind the dream. From what I heard as well, Rex D sent this song to Margaux and that Margaux wrote the hook in no less than 2 minutes. It's nice to see Margaux and Rex work together cause for me, they are starting a new batch of artists and seeing this collaboration early on is great for both their future catalog.

I also, want to point out that I got a copy of this track when it was 80 percent done and hearing the final version I gotta tell you - Bojam's musical IQ is off the charts. If you heard the raw track and the finished product you'd know what I mean. Craazy!! Perfect way to start your week.

How ironic is it to have a new school MC tell you to follow his lead? Rex D debut album coming soon entitled "THE FRESHMAN" -- he's gonna be at the WAVE URBAN MUSIC AWARDS next week cheering the FLIP MUSIC x TURBULENCE team on!



ITS BETTER THAN WATCHING TV.


DOWNLOAD REX D FEAT. MARGAUX CORTEZ FOLLOW MY LEAD HERE.
FOLLOW REX D'S FACEBOOK ARTIST PAGE HERE.




IN PHOTO: B-Roc, REX D, Art-Hur, Mike Swift and Quest catching a TALK N TXT versus ALASKA GAME at one of the cancelled Team Sunday games. Shoutouts to Rjay Ty and Art-Hur for coming through with the Team Sunday jerseys yesterday!! Alex, bring elbow pads next sunday!




No comments: