Saturday, June 4, 2011

TAKING BAKKK THE CITY x PBC 99 ASBESTOS



Pinoy Bomber Crew x Skills That Kills


As I've blogged recently, my boy Kase participated and took home the 3rd prize for Sulat Kamay, Wall Lords qualifiers. Congratulations again to Kase and his team! Today we are featuring the footage from that same event, where you can see how the piece was put together! Video by Skip-1, a 99 Projects Production with music from SVC "My Homies" as they pay respect to the hiphop group and its roots in Sun Valley.

I also worked on a beat featured in this video - Kase asked me for a Nujabes sounding type of beat and well well - I made this beat long before I knew of Nujabes, made it in 2005 - from a sample I dug with my brother Ryan at a dope record spot in the streets of Taipei. One of my favorite beats ever, very rich sample. This was supposed to be a Crecon track entitled Thank You - we never really got around to making it.



Manila, whatchu up to this saturday night?


1 comment:

whirlpool said...

What's the background song in the first part?