Tuesday, October 11, 2011

ILL Entry 130 "VERSE ONE"



Verse One - What If (Produced by B-Roc)


I met Verse One online, and was a fan from the start. I truly believed in his lyricism - and let him rock The Community show in 2006. I've always been a lyrics lover more than beats, so I gravitated towards what he was sharing. So it was imperative that I worked with the dude.

Throughout knowing the dude and gaining his confidence, we were able to do a couple of tracks. Verse One is a producer too and you would find him doing his own beats and experimenting on others on his mixtape launched in 2006. My favorite Verse One song has got to be "Water" and "Gold Mining" - look it up.

Verse One appears in one of the songs in the Marquiss x Chrizo album "GRAE" and established himself as a next level lyricist. I saw Peoples Future have a liking to his skills, and they too - made tracks.

Today I am unearthing an unreleased track called "What If" produced by me and was slated to be dropped in the Turbulence Productions, Silverbacks compilation. I asked him to just drop a 52 bar verse addressing his own "What If's" - and this is what we came up with.

I've lost all communication with Verse One since making this track. If anybody knows where he is, please tell him that I'm looking for him.


This ones for the lyricism bred mcs. ILL K new shirt dropping very soon!


No comments: