Sunday, December 20, 2009

DRAKE QUOTABLE & RECORD DEAL INFO


DEBUT ALBUM DROPS SUMMER 2010


“As a 23-year-old kid, that's what I strive for: money, cars, clothes, now furniture – material things,” he said. “That's what we're conditioned to think happiness is. But are we on the right path? Is it possible to find love, to enable you to enjoy all this stuff? I'm a young man of substance. I don't like chasing empty connections. That's what my album is going to be about: my new situation, about me getting a firm grasp on it, and then trying to find the missing component.”



DID YOU KNOW? Drake is signed with Aspire/Young Money/Cash Money Records and is distributed by Universal. Drake got a $2 million advance (I’ll give you a moment to read that again). Drake retains the publishing rights to his songs and only pays 25% of his music sales revenues to the label as a “distribution fee”. Major props to Drake’s management team (Hip Hop Since 1978 and Cortez Bryant) for negotiating a fair deal for their client. Cortez Bryant also manages Lil Wayne and Hip Hop Since 1978 represents Kanye West.

No comments: