Sunday, December 27, 2009

MR REY RELEASES TWO BRAND NEW MIKE SWIFT TRACKS! CONTROVERSIAL!

MRREY



Mike Swift - Itutok Mo (Produced by Mr. Rey)


NOVEMBER 22, 2009 Sunday, approximately 5:30am. PST—I received a voicemail from Mike Swift saying “tol, I’m at the JFK airport and I missed my flight, but I’ll see ya’ll soon!” Hours later, Mike arrived at the SFO airport and is back “Dito Sa Bay”. Knowing Mike as a person of many magic, surprises, and ingenious ideas, I knew once again that it was going to be an adventurous journey. Upon arriving Mike and I celebrated by eating “quesadilla’s” at El Farolito. Mike told me that he hasn’t slept in 3 to 4 nights, so after a short conversation we called it a night. After a much needed rest, Mike had asked me to flip thru some beats. Then conceptualized and recorded a song entitled “Itutok mo.” The song is self-explanatory if you know Mike’s passion for movies, music and life, then you’ll understand. With our plan to pump as much joints as we can while he’s out here in the bay. We gave birth to “72Bars” a track that hits you with facts, metaphors and crazy multi-syllable style of rhymes. Enjoy these ones!

When we’re not making songs, Mike would go with me to a 3 days a week after school program/workshop that I facilitate along with my boy Josh Landicho aka BWAN, at the Bayanihan Community Center on the corner of 6th St and Mission. The program/workshop is focused on recent youth immigrants from the Philippines, giving them a space to create, express, and raise awareness about their community through the arts and performance.

For further info about the program visit www.TeachThemBrothas.blogspot.com

On the morning of thanksgiving, we attended the sunrise ceremony at the Alcatraz—a 40 year old tradition carried by the Native Americans to remember the native genocide and survival (be on the look-out for amazing footage of this event). The last few days of Mike’s stay we recorded more banging tracks. One is a posse cut joint, along with two of the Bayanihan Krew members, BWAN, Flossafee and myself. After two weeks and some odd days of Mike’s stay here in the bay, he returned to Brooklyn already to take and make big moves towards the G-Unit Asia route, yeahhdigg?!?!

At sa muling pagbalik, patuloy ang mga hakbang mula sa una, Higante-Status pai!

Salamat

Maligayang Pasko at Manigong Bagong Taon sa inyong lahat!!

2010 handa ka na ba?

TTB allday!!!




MR REY

No comments: