Wednesday, December 9, 2009

WHAT I WANT FOR XMAS "MNL WIPCAPS"





MNL WIPCAPS


WIPCAPS -- get your cap game on. This is a piece that I should have soon, maybe for XMAS. I truly like what this hat embodies, or I just happen to like the color. I know WIPCAPS have been in circulation for awhile now, and I'm just really catching on. But this cap is a must have. All my peeps who's thinking of getting me a gift, race to get this on 7 3/8's ninjas! And if you choose to purchase this yourself, send me a pic and we'll send it to the makers as well. Yes, its sold around Manila. It's going for PHP 1,300 only -- Jess make a move son.

Notes from the designer: The MNL logo is simple, yet has a graffiti styled font which adds a little something to the piece. The subdued brown colorway was selected for that no-nonsense earthy feel that accurately displays the grime and grit of the real Manila. The print on the background has a simple silhouette of our city. We also added something underneath the bill of the hat, lines from the lyrics of the famous song about the city, Hotdog's "Manila". If you understand Filipino or Tagalog, the song aptly describes the feel and sound of city; and how many of us, no matter where we are in the world, always look forward to going back home.

No comments: