Tuesday, April 13, 2010

ILL K Entry 30 "DEAR WHOEVER"




Skyzoo - Dear Whoever (Produced by Illmind)


For me, and the people I keep around my hiphop, -- I've grown to accept that the music comes secondary in this journey, it's the relationships you've managed to keep throughout your tenure in music, which holds more importance than any stature the game could give you. Having said that, hiphop has always been filled with stories -- hearsays here and there, who's getting with who, who's in the studio together, who's hating, who's dissing who -- naturally these stories will blossom into falling outs between close friends who once shared the same dreams. From the NWA situation to the Rocafella break up; to the more local and visible changes in people's line ups, who's not with the camp anymore, who's not part of Beatmathics anymore, who's not seeing eye to eye in the scene, who's not fucking with who -- I mean, we are all part of these relationships and it takes a real man to accept things, move on or do something about it.

I spoke to a friend of mine recently and he shared with me how he's not feeling the game no more. He said making music don't feel right anymore and that even his most trusted friends are taking sides against him -- I'm like, suck it up, tough luck pai. Life is gonna throw you more stones, and you should be wise enough to use those stones to build a bridge over things you want in the future. People get concerned on how they are percieved by other people now; not knowing that before they were worrying about shit, it was about trying to make people notice and now you turn your back on those same people that help put you on. Ahh, the trade of life and relationships with our shared dreams in other peoples hands, the stakes gets higher without us noticing it. And when we commit to the dream, we often lose the pace of the person we trust pedaling the same bike we're riding.

We are meant to live with our mistakes. We are only human to regret some decisions made, and everything has its own time -- even this song. I've been bumping it since late last year -- strikes a cord, being away and all -- losing relationships I've had to the distance I've committed myself to, anticipation of coming back to the fold is killing me daily, but yeah, suck it up Bong. I've seen it all, kept relationships, lost some -- and yeah got hurt by a few I've lost. Music leaves me bare at times, but yeah soldier, march on. Everything comes together in the end as a good story I will tell my kids some day, when they ask where these people are now, from the pictures I keep.


Mood music, dedicated to A.N.E., Turbulence, Team Sunday, To The Billboard.


REST IN PEACE, Palito.


The life of kings and everything we call it,
the realization of everything that we forfeit
the last scene of the night with no applauding
trying to circle back to when the curtains were called in




DID YOU KNOW: I was watching the BET 106 and Park's Freestyle Fridays Jin vs. Skyzoo battle with Hotnixx over at my place a couple of years back and vowed to Hotnixx that I was gonna have a show with Jin some day. Two years after, I did exactly that. Skyzoo's project EP with 9th Wonder made me pick up the phone and call Labo of Lyrical Assault to do the same thing -- all B-Roc produced 5 song EP, well it still hasn't materialized.



No comments: