Friday, April 16, 2010

ILL K Entry 33 "DEFENSE OFFENSE PLAYOFFS BABY!!"

DEFENSE LDP1



We Are The Word - Offense (Himig Hambog) (Produced by Bojam for Flip Music)


Let me take you back to my trip to Pinas late 2009. Along with Nimbus -- I put together a sunday basketball get together among heads who needed a break from hiphop. I remember talking to Scoop of Peoples Future one time and jokingly said, sundays are for playing ball and our little way of saying we're tired of doing this hiphop shit. I left November 30 and from what I heard, Team Sunday has grown in number and has been a refuge for my brothers to regroup and sweat some of the past weeks vices out. Team Sunday, isn't just for basketball playing heads -- we have an honorary baby called Miah dropping by walking around the court in his baby Jordans, TEAM DEFENSE head - LOV -- started out hanging around the court, Otto Retardo (The Future Kid), Blaze & Kane, Qyork, TEAM Aguilar I mean tons -- you name it.

Grandmaster Flash is in Manila tonight, real talk.

LDP came and asked me what they should name they're upcoming concert and my motivated self told em -- DEFENSE/DEFENCE, which both represents the growth they have from their debut album named "The Project" notably depicting students in class and now "Defense" proposes that they're ending that depiction in front of a panel. Also -- as we have been promoting, since Magalona died, most of these cats counted hiphop in Pinas out of the fight for its shine. These acts coming together this MAY 20 to showcase their defence and push the envelope once again.

Go head, do the damn awards already. Whatchu got next?

"OFFENSE (HIMIG HAMBOG)" produced by the beat monster Bojam from Flip Music is a chess move my iggins! Classic shit -- I mean cmon yo. Two things to tell you -- LDP done stepped it up on they verses, galing -- Abra, fire!! If you didn't come through this hard on this track I would've scolded your ass for going to Boracay. And yo, catch that Mike Swift wordplay. Everyone else came ready -- Ron Thug, Stick Figgas, J-Hon, Juan Tamad, Champ and Blaze and Kane. JET LI moves, nice move Ron Henley!

Cavaliers vs. Mavericks, NBA Finals this June. Early prediction.

Connect the dots, WWW.KONEKTADO.COM -- get your DEFENSE concert tickets already! Seats are almost sold out! Should I really letchu know who's performing? Plus, buy those tickets, take a picture and send it to LDPDEFENSE@GMAIL.COM and win tons of prizes (signed CD's, T-shirts, DVD's and more) from the acts performing in the concert.



Man up, D-up, can you really guard me?

No comments: