Sunday, October 17, 2010

CHAMP feat. RON THUG - 3AM CONSCIENCE

3AM SMALL



Champ feat. Ron Thug - 3AM Conscience (Produced by B-Roc)


Beard Muscle, all day.
I remember Champ giving me a call telling me he found an Urbandub song that had a dope loop and can be sampled. I remember him sending it to me, and I remember making the beat at Ron's place. We were editing the Booked Me A Flight video and simultaneously releasing Thinking Mans Hiphop -- I was fucking with the sample and this is what we came up with. When I finished making the beat, we all sat down and thought of what possible topic they could come up with for it. I mean I've been around Champ and Ron too long to understand their strength and weakness -- this was done after they did they renditions of PUT ON and HUSTLIN'. I was impressed with their team up and wanted to showcase it on a song. Something dramatic, some Soulfiesta shit.

3AM Conscience is about going home to your wife after messing with your other lady. I ahve an affinity with 3AM if you don't already know by now - check Queen. The reflection that happens on the way home. The sense of guilt and the sense of play. I know for a fact inspiration isn't enough to make good high concept songs, sometimes you gotta work and talk about it for weeks and thats what exactly happened. This song was mastered by Bojam & Jim Poblete of Flip Music. Poster by Josiah "Astig Fish" Navarro.


Kept my Faith B.I.G. but I fucked all the Lil Kims/

Even Manny got the money, di natago yun kay Krista/


KILLER LINES. I also heard that this cut made its way to the hands of the some of the members of Urbandub and has been embraced. Props to the band!!




DOWNLOAD 3AM CONSCIENCE HERE.
DOWNLOAD 3AM CONSCIENCE THRU MEDIAFIRE HERE.




No comments: