Wednesday, October 6, 2010

ILL K Entry 76 "FRANCIS M POSSE PIC"

FRANCIS M PIC

Picture taken by Francis Magalona, recently released by Syke


Time passes fast, happy birthday Francis Magalona. I remember getting a call from Francis Magalona to help coordinate this shoot amongst the artists he had hand picked for an article he was going to write for Mabuhay Magazine. Mabuhay Magazine is a publication that you see during your flights across Philippine Airlines - which ultimately made it hard for any of these artists here to see how it went down. The point was not to put local in magazines, the goal was to put local hiphop in magazines and read through by people traveling international flights -- whether in or out of Manila, for Francis M. -- we were worth that much exposure.

I remember Francis Magalona calling me, and I had to step out of my Makati condo and stay in the hall way to entertain his call. He read me the entire article over the phone. He started with the history of hiphop both internationally and how it sprung in Pinas, then he went on and described contributions made by my colleagues in keeping the scene relevant. Good article, and whats the most moving about it is hearing him take pride in the little we've accomplished and it was deserving of his attention.

Bittersweet I tell you, looking at this pic.

Thank you Syke for releasing this picture.




No comments: