Friday, October 22, 2010

DON G "LEGEND KILLER"



Don G - Legend Killer (Produced by B-Roc)



Scratches by DJ Bangin. Don G and I made this track over a year ago -- for the Turbulence yet to be released Silverbacks album. I remember making this beat and it was a toss up between Aero and Don G on who would jump on the beat. Don G liked the beat when I threw it his way and he instantly made the song a classic. It is an honor to have worked with Don G and what he reps is a legacy of hiphop in the Philippines via the Dongalo brand. While I was in Singapore, I was speaking to DJ Bangin via Facebook and decided to let him scratch on the hook portion.

I loved the song the way it was recorded so much, that I was hesitant to just place a hook on it. -- I told Don G lets sit on it for while, and I chanced on DJ Bangin and he gave it a more classic hiphop appreal, very Primo-esque scratches on the hook! Thanks man! The same time Don G came up with the hook for this, I had already left for Singapore, so there might be an alternate version of this song with a hook on it. He recently shot the video, which ultimately means I will be releasing the song for download very soon, but for now enjoy this video of the song.




No comments: