Wednesday, October 6, 2010

ILL K Entry 75 "CHUB-B MANABAT"

CHUB-B



Chub-B feat. Toney Chrome - Gising (Produced by B-Roc)


Rest in peace, hustler. I was somewhere outside of Manila when Chano texted me the news, that my man Chub-B has passed. He passed away due to a heart attack he suffered in his sleep. Don't get me wrong, me and Chubb's aren't really close friends -- but he has been part of my growth in the scene. I met Chub-B as one of the pioneering employees for FUBU Philippines in the early 2000's. He is Kristyles boy, and by far -- was relatively famous behind the scene.

Whhatever hiphop event there was, beef or no beef -- Chub-B was there, supporting people and learning the game -- I say this cause later on he perfected the hustle more than anyone I know. He was selling watches off the FUBU counters even though they weren't FUBU products, hehehe. Alam niyo yan! But through all of this, Chubb's went to record a song with me back in 2006. The track is ironically titled "GISING" -- or to wake from slumber featuring his brother. Hotnixx helped Chub-B fill a couple of lines, helped him deliver the song to what it is now. This song appeared on a compilation by TEAM STAR RECORDS, this was the first song Chub-B ever recorded.

Chub-B would then go on to open his own clothing line with the very intriguing BOSS BALITA shirts. I remember seeing someone in church in Singapore rocking one of his shirts, thinking damn Chubb's that shit is dope. He also went on to spearhead the 187 Movement. The last time I saw him was at the Sunugan Battle, coming out to support J-Skeelz. Classic Chub-B coming out to support, our last conversation was "Bong, ayos to, ang daming tao, ang galing mo. Eto yun hiphop na gusto nating mangyari."

Chubb's, salamat. I was out of town and wasn't able to visit you but I will never be absent in letting people know how good of a person you are.

Rest in peace, hustler.



DOWNLOAD GISING HERE.




1 comment:

LBK Productions said...

Oh poor guy he was really nice, i remember talking to him in 2005 the second time i went to PI, he sold me my first LA new era cap, damn life is really unfair.