Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Beyond Beyond 2 Entry 3 "EARTH BELOW"

ARKANE

Arkane is performing his pieces tonight at OPEN SPOKEN, The Collective



EARTH BELOW by Dominic Nuesa


Not afraid to burn myself worse than my current furnace could
The burning bush asked me, doesn't it burn you that there are people in this land
That have more success you can ever brag
With more money and fame than you'll ever bag
Without having to push a pen to the pad,
Without having problems even twice as bad

And I replied, "Well, mine is the life they can never have"

Simply put, the life that the burning bush gave me was
Death, and blessing
Tragedy, and the strength to thank Him
The only time I felt strong enough
Was when my Grandma told me that I have held her hand long enough

And I search for truth, looking for Oracles
Daydreams as big as baleen whales, and I've clung like barnacles
And I've seen sails on the horizon
Magellans, and I'm about to fight him
And kill him with a blaze that only the burning bush can put in my stove
But even Magellan was searching for truth when he tried to cross the globe

And so the burning bush led me towards the
Horizon, to fight him and I realized that my baleen whale was an Orca
A killer, and awesome, with warriors blood coursing
From my core, through my torso, out my pores pump endorphin

The burning bush asked me, doesnt it burn you
That you have a taller barrier to hurdle?
Look into my skies, tell me it's not higher
Look into my eyes, tell me thats not fire

Simply put, the life that was granted me
Strength, blessing and tragedy
It was freedom that mattered me

And the only time I felt truly free
Was when my Grandma told me
she's safely home when I was reciting her eulogy

So be it that I'm safely alone, as much as I want to search for truth
I would search for those, who prefer to grow
Cuz reciting your poems without someone to have heard you flow
Is like a sky without an earth below

Throw me pebbles, and I'll make mountains out of those
If ancient Rome could carve Gods out of stone
then I'll build Pantheons out of poems

Riding on Orcas, Speaking to Burning plants
I am a warrior, praying in a fervent dance
Searching for you and you, Gods out of a heavenly clay
We've daydreamt so long, we all have our Magellans to slay
I am strong and I am free, more than they'll ever brag
My Grandma granted me life, one that they can never have






NOTE: Dominic Nuesa will be directing LDP's new music video -- slated for a two day shoot, with tons of talented people casted to depict the message of the song. Dominic Nuesa video BACK TO LOVE is nominated for this years FAVORITE URBAN VIDEO at the MYX Awards on March 15. If you failed to understand what this is, re-visit our Beyond Beyond series entries. Thank you.

No comments: