Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day to you, from me and my entire team.




Thank you to the mothers of the world who have nurtured their children with all they have.




SOULFIESTA 2009: As we celebrate our holy mothers birthday today during September Madness -- we are imparting to you this masterpiece. To every hiphop head still bumping Pac's "Dear Mama", this ones for you. I made this beat at Chrizo's studio, messing around a Faith Evans song, and a Keyshia Coles acapella off of DJ Jena's collection of records. Chrizo was taking a shower and I did this beat quick and put it in my thumb drive before going through what we had to do for the day.

God's Will's part was done first. I know he hasn't done a song like this at that time so I irked him to do a verse for his mom -- as they were about to be reunited in Japan. Matt was a couple of weeks from leaving Pinas to work in Japan. Right before he left, Mike had a brilliant idea to bang out a Three Kings CD and so it was a no brainer to let them add to this song. I remember having Mike, Nimbus, Sunny, Nixx and some other guys in the studio. Everybody was amped to hear the outcome. And everybody at this time was dealing with their mom's in different shades. Mike was writing, sitting on my studio couch, Nimbus was inside the bathroom, seated at the toilet using the sink as a table. And me and the rest were just outside talking things out.



READ MORE HERE.




No comments: