Friday, January 8, 2010

ILL K Entry 4 "IS IT LOVE OR CONFUSION?"

TAPE





Outtasight & DWILL - Love or Confusion


2010 is in play, and before we go and truly embark on what the year has to offer, lets all sit down and clear the cobwebs in our minds. The hype of new years resolution have now died down and we've prolly broken some of em already. Breathe it out, and let me tell you dontchu worry about it. Hehehe, currents of life are meant to shake you -- but when your integrity is on the line, know how to be firm. I've finally started on another journey of work and income - it should be a good balance. I constantly see myself in a situation wherein I am in a room with all these people, who might be corporately in line, but is nowhere near of touching my attendance of what life has offered my young life. I have seen many things and one thing that surprises me all the time is how God puts me in a humbling place. I know I am better than people who meet their KPI's daily, but freal -- I am ready to take it all as a challenge, it can't be too long before I perfect it too.

When you turn 25 years old, you suddenly find yourself listening to the worlds other language -- RESULTS. This is the language everyone understands, your moms, your neighbor, your friends in school -- what have you got to show for, for the 25 years life has given you? Remember this side of the world belongs to those dressed in ties, clocking in 9 to 5 in other words -- The Matrix, and yes they help make the world go round too. Hehehe, and if you don't a have the leverage of hardwork, perseverance, sacrifice, vision and enduring pain -- you will get lost trapped in the bitterness of regret. Enter this song by Outtasight "Love or Confusion" -- at this point of the year, determine it yourself. Is it love or confusion?


What in the world would you do, if your dreams do not come true?
Is this love or confusion?
Trying to beat the odds even if the road is far
Is this love or confusion?


Listen to the lyrics, the first two lines about that Myspace page thing -- dedicated to all of my Turbulence artists who held it down on that site and surprised the whole world with what we offer, musically! There's no Jay-z brilliance here or Slaughterhouse word play, just some real shit. To the artists I know and worked with, find the balance. I am not downplaying your passion, know that I am with you -- and although my contributions for the local hiphop scene is sorely missed, know that I've leveraged my sense of sacrifice, vision and endurance for pain through my blogging. And it is not about passion -- if you got a plan, execute it; if you got something to say, say it; if you're really looking at success -- then we are meant to see each other one way or another cause thats where I'm heading.

Before you embark on 2010 -- determine your love, don't fool yourself by confusing love as a path. The path of love is about taking steps, no matter where it brings you. And don't confuse yourself that love and passion alone is fulfilling. Sharing is the ultimate fulfillment, love and passion alone is the best road to confusion.

Find the balance.

Mama, Papa, Ate, Ryan & Rhys, I miss you guys -- get well soon.

No comments: