Wednesday, January 27, 2010

THE NEXT PHILIPPINE HIPHOP AWARDS, a soulfiesta moment.

EMPIRE ENTERTAINMENT brings you another hiphop awards night next month


One of my very first entry in this blogsite was a post offering an insight on the evolution of hiphop in the Philippines, the evolution of my peers and I, the evolution of the choices we make to proclaim and defend our genre, the evolution of our self inflicted problems. Here's that same article again, read and follow the link. It is sure to entertain the faithful fan in you and sure to let all the haters talk as we all look into one of the controversial moments we as fans will never agree on, hehehe.

This year, I consider it all revolutionary. In which, in my context I define as -- half evolution and half departure from all things I've seen.


"I’ve often complained and shared with my peers how hiphop in the Philippines isn’t as documented as it should be. Nothing we ever do or accomplish is kept in pages enough for people to read, ponder on, refute and debate with. This scene is built on hearsay; he said she said types of comments are thrown to us for us to patch up ourselves. And with no formality of documentation we are left to formulate our own conclusions and draw our own analysis. None of these are certainly wrong; I’m just in a position to actually solidify myself and my peers in the scene which has grown up past record deals, hotel accommodations, bitches and album launches.

This is an attempt to start the documentation of hiphop in the Philippines through my eyes, my label, my friends, my peers, my colleagues and my music. Blogging is the new writer’s haven, and maybe we can reach another breakthrough as a thriving community. My legacy is in my music and relationships I’ve built in my lifetime. And I was from an era when Krazykyle was dope, when independent music was Bomb Azz and/or ILL DEF, when lyricists were developing their skills online, when cellphones were non existent, no Friendsters and my heroes still packed shows and when hiphop was immature. This is me showing you, hiphop is growing up."





READ THE REST OF THE ARTICLE HERE.



No comments: