Monday, August 2, 2010

GRAE x MASTAPLANN x SVC "FORGET ABOUT IT"

FORGET ABOUT IT



Marquiss feat. Mastaplann, SVC & DJ Excaliber (Produced by Chrizo)



Delivering as promised this year, Turbulence Team Strong! As we welcome Mastaplann's timely reunion back in Pinas - we leak a cut from the highly anticipated Marquiss & Chrizo presents G.R.A.E. album the now classic song Forget About It. This track features Mastaplann, SVC and DJ Excaliber lacing up the scratches!! I dont know about you, but if this doesnt wet your appetite for the Mastaplann reunion - you guys were born yesterday! Here are a few words from the man himself, Marquiss as he re-creates the steps made into this track, Specks all day! We Legendary!

"It must have been somewhere half-way into the GRAE recording process when I had come to a realization: All of the tracks Chrizo and I had recorded at that point were concept-driven songs. All of the songs we had stashed in the vault touched on serious topics; they made the listener think.

I knew something was missing. If I were to create the best possible album that I could come up with, I needed to be flexible. In this case, I needed to think inside the box. It had occurred to me that G.R.A.E. was missing a particular sound—that good old school hip-hop jam. This is how “Forget About It” came to be.

So now I knew what type of track I wanted to do next for the G.R.A.E. album. All I needed at that point was a title. I wanted the title to be a catchy phrase I could build an entire song around. Unfortunately, that line I had been looking for didn’t come to me on the spot, as I had hoped for. So I began writing a verse, hoping it would come somewhere down the line.

During that time I had been religiously watching my favorite TV series of all-time, The Sopranos. And somewhere in the 4th season I noticed a phrase the characters in TV show would always holler: “Forget about it.” It was the Italian mob’s version of “Don’t sweat it.”

The line was fitting. The other tracks in G.R.A.E. made you think and reflect, but on this one — you can forget about it. Love & RE-SPECKS!!! Shoutouts to Mastaplann & SVC for blessing the album, it's a dream come true to rep with you guys on the track."


MARQUISS




DOWNLOAD FORGET ABOUT IT MP3 - DIVSHARE HERE.
DOWNLOAD FORGET ABOUT IT MP3 - MEDIAFIRE HERE.
GO TO GRAE-AREA BLOG HERE.



NOTES: Happy first year anniversary to Aero and his baby project, SickSongsOnly EP. We are unleashing the music video for SickSongsOnly this afternoon so stay tuned. Forget About It music video will be out in few days, stay tuned! Directed by Chrizo Seneres and Mark Bandigan, edited by Chaneezy!! Thank you very much to the people who listened in to Quest's guesting over at Boys Night Out, his CD Join The Quest: Revolution should be available in ALL record stores by next week - heard Universal is getting delayed in placing it in shelves. Nonetheless we printed out 5,000 copies for y'all.












No comments: