Monday, August 9, 2010

LOONIE x FHM INTERVIEW

LOONIE BLOG

Loonie's album launch August 13, 2010 @ Barangay Tibay



TAKEN FROM FHM.COM.PH: What’s your hope for the hip-hop community? How do you see it changing? Where do you want it to go?

Now that the scene is grown up, I hope that everyone grows up, as in everyone matures, and not “grow up” in terms of numbers.

Because that’s what kills the community – immaturity, jealousy, everything. For the record, I get death threats every other day. That’s why I put it in my page. If you want to contact me for gigs, booking, death threats, contact this number! I’m not afraid of death threats. First hip-hop awards, I’ve been getting them. It comes with the territory, at least that’s what everyone tells me. I’m cool with it. I’m not scared.

Is there any message you want your fans to know?

I don’t know who the fans are anymore right now. Because the ones I consider as fans are the ones who really know the music I make. I put certain elements in my album that I could tell who the real fans are. I have a song in my album called “Sinungaling” and I have a puzzle there. I rhymed it. The last verse is a puzzle. Listen to the album. I don’t want to spoil it.

You just want your fans to listen to your work?

Yes, listen. Don’t just listen to the beat, listen to lyrics. I could do an album without a beat. That’s what I really work on, the lyrics. That’s it.



READ THE REST OF THE ARTICLE HERE.



No comments: