Wednesday, August 26, 2009

B-ROC x THE FRO SHOW


Joy Denalane - Heaven or Hell (Live)

If you didnt know, I used to hold down a radio show once a week called "The Fro Show" on 105.9 UR Radio every saturday night. Early on I was ask to strictly play 70's soul and funk music. 3 months on I changed my playlist to more contemporary soul and hiphop music, you know I had to, hehehe. Being on radio and running a show was a trip man. Brought my friends over and interview them once a while and just kept OPM alive the best way I can. Mad people listened to my show and this video is dedicated to all my peoples who miss me on radio. This song from Joy Denalane which in its original version featured Raekwon, is one of the first songs I played in that new format. I love the keys in this and the original video is my type of video, black and white -- sadly I can't find it.

Here's one for my 2008 fans "Is your soul tuned in to UR?"


NOTES: Did you know, I was playing a Leon Haywood ultra rare song on air, it went on for 7 minutes and around the 5 minute mark a girl was moaning on the song -- and I got a call from my then boss about it. Hehehe. Shoutouts to Mandy Mack for all the fun I had in the radio station! Bwahahaha! Also, did you know Aero started out as a radio DJ in his hometown in Bacolod? And did you know that Dash is coming by Singapore this saturday for a clubbing gig here at the ButterFactory? And did you know that Harry of 7SOW just touched down in SG as well and we're all linking up?

No comments: