Monday, August 10, 2009

BEYOND Beyond: Entry 39 "JIM LEE"

Jim Lee drawing Gambit in 8 minutes


For people who've known me all these years know I'm a Jim Lee fan. Before I even knew hiphop, my love for drawing was high up there. I was drawing since I was a kid and wanted to primarily be a cartoonist for Disney. Then Jim Lee and my collection of comics came around. You should've seen Quest when he saw my collection, and you should hear his story as well about losing his collection when his dad decides to throw them away. Hehehe. Born in the 80's, puberty in the 90's you are sure to cross paths with Jim Lee's art. Hiphop is about urban art and Jim Lee is contemporary modern and has paved the way for my hiphop. Here he draws Gambit in 8 minutes, and word -- he came through. Always almost perfect with his drawings man, his ill with his pen and ink game man.


NOTES: Did you know that I think Heroes killed the entire X-Men Legacy with a more relevant storyline. Hehehe. I have crazy comics stocked somewhere in my studio. You name in Maxx, Deathblow, Stormwatch, Wetworks, Youngblood first issues, and other titles. Hehehe. Did you know as well, that GRAE's first draft CD inlay was pegged to be a comic which consequently we used as the PRESEASON MIXTAPE done my Michael Saldana.

No comments: