Thursday, August 6, 2009

SONG OF THE WEEK: Slaughterhouse "Cut You Loose"




Slaughterhouse - Cut You Loose (Produced by Mr. Porter)

I got this leaked album before we put out the SICKSONGSONLY EP and after the promos for the EP, I got to finally sit with this monster of an album. This is my jam for the week, it gets to me man. Its not even an ode to hiphop, its really looking at hiphop sideways "you're no good, I have to cut you loose" -- we all have or bullshit to run, and bullshit in and out of this hiphop shit. Some of us, and truth be told, will soon cut hiphop loose out of our lives, be it for our own reasons or reasons people give us. Be wise. Just closing out my week on a moving note: AMP BLVD/Aquariuss, Back To The New School, Beyond Beyond, SickSongsOnly -- Team Strong but yeah, we all need rest. When? We'll pace ourselves I guess. Pick my brain my iggins. Keep on keeping on word to my brothers!

"and after all this rhymin'/
if I refer to you as a girl, niggas will call this Common/
I'm through as a fan/
no disrespect to music, I'm talking to you as a man/"


"this is bar raising/
I'm raising the bar so far, trying to look at it is equivalent to star gazing/
think I rather be waterboarding/
than to listen to what y'all recording/"

"I aint complaining, I'm just saying though/
there's no reason a musician
should want to watch television instead of be listening to the radio/"

and some of Joe Budden's lines... that line with single issues is dope.

...You're no good, I have to.. FUCK YOU TOO, YOU'RE CORNY TIL I GOTTA CUT YOU LOOSE! Hahahaha!


NOTES: We still at it don't worry hahaha, but yeah pick my brain. Write me beeroccc@gmail.com or message me on YM KINGBROC. Word up and props to the Philippine All-Stars, I'ma give you some time to gain your roar back, we all with you! Beyond Beyond, and beyond winnings.

No comments: