Thursday, February 18, 2010

FEVER@ero DAY 19 "TIPPIN' THE SCALES 2nd YEAR ANNIVERSARY"

3rd WORLD



Hotnixx, God's Will, Aero, 12Gauge, Nimbusnine, Black & PHD - Whoa (Pilipinas Remix)



February 19 2008, Team Turbulence launched Tippin' The Scales at 32nd Street at The Fort. Know for a fact that my team is critical when it comes to details, most especially when it comes to finishing up an album. If I'm not mistaken the last 2 tracks to be recorded for this release was Summer Love and Aero's Watch Whatchu Say. I remember Chrizo coming to the house during the deadline day delivering this song to me. And we had arranged the sequence alphabetically, which was a challenge Aero helped ease. From the makings of B-Sides and Philippine Phenom -- the first song of each release sets the tone for the surprise and range of the album. Watch Whatchu Say did what Wishing On A Star did for B-Sides and Confused did for Philippine Phenom. This beat was highly complemented by Low Key as his favorite from the CD.

As we celebrate today with the people who worked hard on this album, we give you one of the tracks which we were so happy to do. Whoa by Buckwild is one of my all time favorite beats, and the idea of rhyming everything with Whoa when Black Rob came with it was very entertaining to me -- so yeah, here's to reviving a classic. From the way people received our version of Touch It another year prior to this, made us do this version of Whoa. I remember Nixx, Aero writing to this at Soulfiesta Studio and 12 Gauge was just there in the studio, vibing. Not knowing who he really was, I told him to jump on the track. He then came up with 12 bars, recorded it and I felt people are just gonna overshadow his verse if he doesn't come up with a whole 16 -- and so he did, but before he did -- I remember Ate Baby calling is out of the studio to have lunch first. Good times!


TIPPIN THE SCALES first year anniversary write up HERE.



No comments: