Monday, February 1, 2010

FEVER@ERO DAY 2 "Verses from '93"






Aero - Verses From '93



Before we lay out the new FLIP MUSIC x TURBULENCE song for you tomorrow -- we give you this classic Aero joint. The heart and cry of my peers in hiphop these days seem to be, bring that 90's hiphop ish back! As much as we will move forward, the vintage appeal of rap in the 90's make our foundations. Before we decide to elevate our state of anything, we should be able to understand and celebrate our past. I remember Aero giving me a copy of this mixtape, The City of Smiles Slinger Mixtape -- when we first met. This was immediately in my car stereo rotation, just cause I was, just like you -- reminiscing of a doper time of music.

But freal, my A&R really was the one who made me look heavy into Aero's music. I remember PHD bringing him over, he flew in from Bacolod; comes to the studio with Hitman and just vibing -- Soulfiesta style, PHD already warned me about how impressive his stint with Black earlier that day was. And quite frankly I was the type to base how dope you are depending on how you hold a conversation with me. I mean, it don't matter to me if you are the dopest on the mic but if you don't come with a dope point of view, the music becomes secondary. And for someone to put his money where his mouth is and fly out to venture into the Manila hiphop playground -- I could only reciprocate with the same passion my A&R gave me. I think Hitman shot a freestyle session in my studio and Aero was just spittin' hard.

That night -- we ended up talking about things, Indie Plug, differences in the Manila and BCD scene, smoking some herb, The Community, finishing up bottles of Red Horse and just letting em know, that he has a place to record at whenever he's around. That night me and Aero didn't record a track, but what it was, was a good exchange. I for one, like PHD, will not sleep on talent I encounter. Will tell you more about the first track me and Aero made in the next few entries.


No comments: