Sunday, April 19, 2009

Extra! Extra! Read all about it!! MORE AMP NEWS!!!

Photobucket

AMP BLVD/Aquariuss CD launch this April 25 @ Autowash

AMP BLVD/Aqariuss CD LAUNCH all systems go. Just spoke with the guys last night and everything seems to be on point! We're just waiting for the shirts to be printed out this week. The guys will be in Bacolod a day before the event to do some radio promos. Keep em coming brothers! Shoutouts to Third World, 6000 Goonz and all the hiphop heads in Bacolod! Check this little write up with the boys as they get ready to bring ruckus to The City of Smiles; all my ladies in Bacolod, beware!

In the midst of standout emcees coming together to form a super group in the states, such as Slaughter House, Diamond District -- AMP has actually been a work in progress for some 2 years now, who came up with this idea?

Aero: First, I met PhD through MySpace and I told him I was going to make it in time for The 2nd Community (The Basement). When I got to Manilla he called me up through landline and talked about performing and recording and we soon set up to meet at BF Homes the night after. I met him and Traumatik who then brought me directly to Black's studio. There we kicked a couple of lines for the first time and we even got that session on IndiePlug. Hahaha...what up Hitmann and Gani! I met Marquiss through PhD at Our Father's Coffee a few nights before I was heading back to Bacolod City. I told the both of them that I was just going to get a few things and come back to grind in Manilla. To cut it short, when I returned, PhD, Marquiss and I booked some studio time in CHRiZO's studio and we recorded Moonlightin' which I still feel is a hot track. After that, PhD pitched the idea of recording a mixtape together which then upgraded into an album and that was the birth of AMP.

Marquiss: The name AMP actually from from Aero. He basically named the group. As far as the idea to come together s a group, it sorta just happened. We did a song called Moonlightin' and decided we wanted to record more tracks together as a legitimate group. Just for the record, AMP has been around since 2007. I jumped into recording Gold Barz As soon as Chrizo and I wrapped up GRAE

PHD: All three of us. I remember this was May 2007, before the last Community for that year, Aero and Marquiss were supposed to record a track at Chrizo's studio. I was at there that day just to chill. They invited me to record the track with them, then Aero ran out of Red Horse - so we had to walk 3 blocks to the nearest store. That's where we came up with the idea, while walking to the store in M. Rodriguez St. (as you may know, it's the street of Mario of 7SOW's crib). The track we recorded that night became A.M.P.'s first song - Moonlightin' produced by Chrizo.

Chrizo, you are coming from a very busy year to transitioning to your eventual classics this year such as Logic for Reason, G.R.A.E. and Gold Barz -- how was it working with AMP, and whats the concept behind Aquariuss?

Chrizo: Working with A.M.P kept me sharp in the lab. It was the first time for me to work within the dynamics of a group for an entire project. It's fun to pick their thoughts apart on each song. Plus they're 3 of the coolest cats just to hang out with. Aquariuss is really just how me and Marquiss wanted to express ourselves being Aquarians. On a larger scale, we are now dawning the Age of Aquarius and for that, please log on to google. Keywords: Age of a Aquarius. Honestly its too long to explain.

Again, we push the envelope by releasing this indie prequel to classics outside Manila! How does it feel to rock a regional stage? What motivates you guys to pursue this launch outside of Manila?

Chrizo: We've been releasing CDs around Manila for ages now. We really just don't want to keep repeating ourselves year after year. We had to make it different this time. Bacolod's been showing us a lot of support and it’s our duty to reciprocate by giving them priority during the release. I just welcome the growth of releasing something outside of our comfort zone.

Marquiss: The best thing about being an artist is travelling to a different place and meeting the people. And on some occasions the people in that area are familiar with your music. I'm excited; it's always fun to travel. Team GRAE invaded Cebu two years ago now, AMP is gonna rock the City of smiles!!!

PHD, how many Red Horse bottles does it take Aero to forget the night?

PHD: I don't actually get to count how many bottles it takes, coz I don't know how many he drinks at home before we even meet up. I always catch this dude in the nearest Sari-sari store or 711 buying 3 bottles of Red Horse. Of course, that ain't enough. You know Aero is fucked up when his speech is slurred, and he pisses just about anywhere. And to roughly estimate how many liters fucks him up - I would say 10-12 liters of the Horse. That's a conservative guess.

Aero: PhD, don't lie!

Photobucket

AMP - Moonlightin' (Produced by Chrizo)



After releasing this CD and Gold Barz -- what is PHD going to be doing next musically?

PHD: Honestly, I don't wanna do a solo joint yet. I want to oversee the Turbulence LP and the long awaited Hotnixx album. Of course I wanna help out Team G.R.A.E. too - I'll help them out with the planning, but basically the much anticipated album is already done. And to all the people out there - the Hotnixx album will be sick. You will still hear the old Hotnixx but you'll be surprised when he shows a different side of him.

Which song in the CD contains your favorite verse?

Aero: Check my verse on "Appreciate" It's real talk.

Marquiss: The mixtape is full of lyrical firepower so its hard to choose. But there's a song we did called "Rockstar" where Aero, PhD and I trade bars. One MC picks up where the other left off.

PHD: My favorite verse would have to be the one in "Remain Supreme". As always, it was written on the spot, I went 6-7 syllable rhyme scheme for the whole verse, and that ain't just end rhymes.

Chrizo: My favorite verse is Marquiss' 2nd verse off of the song "Aquarius". It was just so well written. I loved everybody's verse on our thank you song!

AMP - I Choose You (Produced by B-Roc)


What should your fans expect of the CD and the show?

Aero: Well, people who have been supporting me since day one like my family and friends know I hustle hard and work with the best. The AQUARIUSS/AMP BLVD CD is just going to be more evidence of that. I'm glad that I worked with the whole AMP team that helped piece this project together. As far as the show goes, it's going to be new to the Manila boys with it being in Bacolod City but we got enough hype to tear that bitch down! Our musick speaks for itself yo. I know we'll gain a few fans.

Marquiss: As far as the CD goes its sick. Don't take my word for it though go ahead and listen to it. I'll put my money where my mouth is at; if its not one of them most incredible local cd's of all time, I'll give you your money back. I'm not being cocky, my motto is that; if you burn your time in the studio -- don't ever downplay yourself. People are too modest nowadays. Treat it like its the Greatest Thing Ever. But at the end of the day, your music has to back up what you say.

PHD: The CD will be a gauge of how great G.R.A.E. and Gold Barz is will be. I believe this CD is a notch above, solid production wise and lyrically. The show - I don't even know what to expect. But to tell you, I haven't performed with the boys in a long time - I'll definitely bring a lot of energy on stage.

Will you guys do an official launch as well for your fans in Manila?

PHD: We will. But we'll do radio first.

Aero: I hope we do another launch in Manila. I miss that place already. It's been four months since I rocked a stage in the metro.

Chrizo, I heard from Aero -- Bacolod is where the grass is green and the girls are pretty, will you take some pics for my next SOULFIESTA feature?

Chrizo: For sure! I'll lace your blog up. Green grass and pretty girls it is!

Are you guys registered voters?

Aero: Even if I was registered, I still wouldn't vote!

Marquiss: Yep, I voted during the last elections. I choose the lesser evil when I cast my vote.

PHD: Nope. Whoever I vote, will still steal my precious tax money. That's the only thing immune to change.

Chrizo: No. Which means I don't have the right complain and I'm ok with that


NOTE: The guys recently recorded with Monique for a single worthy song. I still have to hear it, but from the enthusiasm I heard yesterday they almost wanted to include it in this offering, but yeah we'll have to wait for it. Did you know? Aero actually has a song entitled SOULFIESTA feat God's Will produced by me.

No comments: