Thursday, July 2, 2009

Beyond Beyond: ENTRY 21 "PEOPLEs FUTURE's ALBUM LAUNCH"



Finally, my friends over at Taft come full circle since I met them at a parking lot almost 3 years ago. I met People's Future and LDP around the same time. Only weeks apart. I've seen these boys slug it out with the changing scene and with life itself. People's Future are artists all the way through and they are not one dimensional. I've seen and heard all of them grow up, from beats, to directing videos, falling inlove and just dealing with life's bullshit. If the Kinabukasan EP was a sign of what Headlines is, they mos def pick it up! I am vouching for this release. Hopefully the world catches on to what this kids can offer. Heaven is my jam Scoop! Hope all is well. Stay inspired!


NOTES: Gap designed the initial cover for GRAE 3 years ago. Gap and I have been working on a screenplay for animation entitled "FLOWBACK". Gap designed the "Thinking Man" adaptation we used for our cover for Thinking Mans Hiphop last Nov 2008. Gap's name is from his very recognizable tooth gap.

Three years ago, I heard of Scoop's rhymes through a song on Monique's myspace page, which they worked on as part of a school project. I saw PF chilling at the parking lot of Halo, the venue for The Community 2006. Talked with them and decided to include them in the infamous balloting of producers and emcees. That same night, they luckily picked DJ Arbi Won's name -- three years later, People's Future and DJ Arbi Won are label mates under the flag of Locked Down Entertainment.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yeayuhh i love pf