Sunday, July 5, 2009

HARMONICA, GUITARS, BASS, DRUMS, KEYS and BLUES



July 4, I played the blues. I went to Tanglin Community Center and watched musicians, of different race and culture rent two studios -- just to jam weekly. I met alot of interesting personalities, Albert (who travelled to Australia, to play Blues Rock and independently released an album 10 years ago in Singapore), Jay (the 50 something blues singer), Louie (the drummer of a rock band) and many more. They asked me what my background in music was, I said classically trained with the keys and that I play hiphop -- they asked what blues do I listen to, I said Muddy Waters, Chuck Berry and the likes -- they all decided to just let me play. I had the most fun when we played slow blues songs, two hours flew just like that. I was nervous really, but hey the energy of playing blues is infectious. Try is sometime, it calms your soul. Believe it or not, they asked me to come back, hey I wouldn't mind.

No comments: