Tuesday, January 20, 2009

B-ROC - BOOKED ME A FLIGHT produced by Chrizo



B-Roc - Booked Me A Flight
Produced by Chrizo for Paninindigan Since 1983

Hey ma, check me out in Cebu tomorrow
my flights at 7 am

9PM I'm ready to go home
Check on Chrizo, are you ready to go bro?
Not yet, so I reminisce back
how a third world cat put the Philippines on the map
'04 me and my bro go for he gusto
no regrets, packed and rocked Taiwan club shows
what a feeling to do it, with no background music
beatbox our way past through any language barrier
all praise, still broke, but our hearts revitalized
those days got me thinking, yeah man with a smile
cause the day after the show, two cities away
some cat called out from a crowd of people shopping away
saying he had fun watching us rep and was touched
and told us to keep our head up and keep in touch
miles away from home yo I'm living up my dreams
Paninindigan since 1982 and you know it

Hook:

Hiphop, wherever you are tonight
know that I carry you for the rest of my life
I wanted to stay grounded but tonight I fly
the stars are calling so I booked me a flight
Hiphop, wherever you are tonight
know that I carry you for the rest of my life
I wanted to stay grounded but tonight I fly
the stars are calling so I booked me a flight

It ain't a call for the money, or a call for the fame
I just understand what role I should play
cause when I rock a venue, I taste another menu
I locally challenge them to believe in what I do
burn stages and mics, amongst races I fight
to be on top of the stage so my hiphop won't die
from backstage passes to board passes I go
with no hesitation let em see that I'm pro
and though sometimes, I wish everyone could do it
get a phone call and have a chance to open for G-Unit
real talk, cause me and my team we almost did it
from a shit hole studio full of dreams are you kidding
made an impact enough for them to check it out
Jin and Loon off the stage, know and respect it now
but somehow, trips are made to humble me down
cause I'm international in my own way now

Hook

From punchlines to basslines, to picking which airline
domestic, international, crossing each dateline
I made calls and emails, no reply for three days
only to find out that the show has been delayed
but hey, I'm not the type to back off from the pain
cause flying means bending turbulence and the rain
Chris Webber the game, I was expected to lose
almost gave up but the King in me begged to refuse
it's a common tale of winning by breaking the rules
look to the stars, do your thing, but it'll call on you soon
whether I fly tonight or catch a bus the next day
be prepared when I touch down cause I up the ante
to my peoples wherever you are tonight
know that I carry y'all for the rest of my life
I wanted to sit and drink, but tonight I ride
the music is calling so I wrote me a rhyme

Hook


The stars are calling man, so I booked me a flight
so yeah, hiphop you know I love you
but I chase stars from time to time yo
so whether I get a 9-5 or sell myself short sometimes,
I gotta make decisions
I hold it down number one for my fam
Peace! See you on the next joint
shout outs to Liquid Lifestyle Taiwan!

No comments: