Thursday, January 22, 2009

BETWEEN THE LINES: Ms. Musicka Killastormz feat. B-Roc





From THINKING MANS HIPHOP

Sumayaw, sumunod ka sa indak ng panahon/
Rivermaya, EHEADS astig pa rin ngayon/
Been an OPM kid, ever since I was born
Gary V, Tito, Vic was blasting all they songs/
And though I know, we at an all time low/
Our wit and lyricism isn't played on radios/
I'm courting you again, Ms. Music of my life/
Let me tell you what its like, now I'm back up on the mic/
Cause I'm hitting all the targets, bridging other markets/
Inararo na ang lupa, now its time to see the harvest/
Time to reach the farthest, showing other artists/
We mine gold in music cause our blood is where the mark is/
So check it out, we got you wishing you were brown/
We're taking hiphop on a date right now/
Leah Salonga, got her shine across the world/
I just booked me back a flight, now I'm coming for my girl/

This song was originally by Killah alone, we had been in the studio one day and he had expressed that he wanted me to jump on any track with him. We didn't have time to make a new one, since he had to leave for Davao soon. So I decided to just surprise him with this one. I wrote this early October, after bringing my girl to the airport -- the song speaks about music personified as a lady. Killah is speaking of hiphop, this is the music he grew up with in the states. And I am not one to dismiss the fact that I grew up with OPM music, so my music personified is OPM. The first line I used comes from an Ogie Alcasid song if remember it right. Whats funny is now, I'm in Singapore -- and Leah Salonga is staging Cinderella at The Esplanade here as well. So my dance with OPM is reaching worldwide stature. Hehehehe. I wanna explain the last line..

"I just booked me back a flight, now I'm coming for my girl" -- the song, Booked Me A Flight was made during the time I was about to catch work and move in with my girl. When I said I just booked me back a flight, I meant from being away from hiphop cause of work and moving in; and now going back at it again that day I brought my girl to the airport and consequently resigining from work and challenge head on launching Thinking Mans Hiphop CD.

transition to

"I just booked me back a flight, now I'm coming for my girl" -- after the launch, I flew to the States for a Xmas vacation. And when I flew back to Manila, stayed for four days before flying to Singapore and staying with my girl again.

FULL CIRCLE.

Track produced by Chrizo for Paninindigan Since 1983
Off of "Thinking Mans Hiphop"
CD available at Our Fathers Coffee
Ground Floor, Robinsons Galleria

No comments: