Wednesday, January 28, 2009

TAKE IT BACK series: LDP


LDP, or Lyrically Deranged Poets are coming out with an album this FEB to be launched at The Prince of Jaipur. The poster will give more details, except for other performers. But from what I know Marquiss is slated to be one of them. More initiative for you not to miss the first release of the year! TAKE IT BACK now brings you to LDP roots, as I've known them.


LDP - Three Years In The Making

Back in 2006, at the helm of the legendary The Community show, was the first time we spotted them. I say WE meaning The Community. 2006 was the year we first put up the event, so IMAGINE how many of our peers went to make it a success. Outside the venue was already a scene, where people would politick and start cyphers. I see these young kids outside listening into the cyphers. Nothing new to me. We had initially set up I think the 3rd or 4th day to be about "BATTLES" and one of them, was inside looking to sign up. We didn't push thru with the battle so they just stayed and watched. These kids we're high school students, and our shows were during wednesdays, so they always have to go home by midnight. Hehehe. I had no problems with it, since I thought they were lucky enough to witness high caliber artists early on.

I did my research on the group early on, they have a great fanbase and they had a website and the songs they would stream there would be enough for me to assess the talent; the problem will always be beats for the content they have. Our common friend, Aian, would introduce me to Alex and we would get to bump into one another in various functions. I stayed in touch with the group. We would exchange notes, songs and just views on the scene. Come 2007, I had asked the group to be part of my next release "TIPPIN' THE SCALES" and they came through with the song "UNITED" -- I guess after this, and the experience in SoulFiesta, they really worked hard on their album. I even heard Abra was building a studio. And this is what it means to be an independent artist, build your skills and put your money where your mouth is. In the long run, they even teamed up with the BEATSHOP, which is the best move they did and stayed away from the clicque-ish hiphop scene.

2 events in the past year made me see the group is ready. (1) Abra came by himself to be part of the AMPON organized battle. He held his own and overwhelmed everyone and got the props he deserved. That event was no joke, thinking of battling will either kill your groups buzz if you lose, but this dude came out with balls and held his own. Galing! (2) The Community 3 performance! This set of theirs was prolly the best set I've seen that night. They gave us a taste of their 3 dimensional view on hiphop, girls and just rocking the stage. This was also for me, the time I took The Beatshop seriously! They are a powerhouse team of producers! LDP introduced The Beatshop through this performance!

These kids are new cats but what you don't know before you hate on them, they support local hiphop. These kids are fans of the game and have been grinding with all of us ever since. I see Alex at the Tuesday Troop Mansion and that alone explains how open minded he is. This group will not be a group you can compare to any old group, simply cause they are a breathe of fresh air. I've reviewed some of the songs in the upcoming album and I am happy with the direction they have. None of songs are fake, LDP isn't giving you anything less than who they really are. Don't hate on em cause they fresh! Alex, Rjay and Abra are honed lyrically and they represent you this 2009!

2 comments:

derangedpoet said...

Thanks for the feature Bigbro :)
We are humbled by your words. Wish you could be here on the launch Bigbro! Sayang! We'll be giving Nixx a your copy on the launch!

SOULFIESTA said...

Enjoy every moment man!