Thursday, January 29, 2009

VIDEO OF THE WEEK: GLOC-9 VS. B-ROC

Gloc-9 - Pangarap


Gloc-9 - Ako Ay Ikaw Rin (Produced by B-Roc)

"Ginoong B-Roc you better make sure every kid in the street hears this song man". You know you made it to another level when you've worked with a legend like Gloc-9. Gloc apparently heard some of my beats through Mike Swifts album where he guested on the "Alamat" track. I then auditioned some beats to Gloc for his "DIPLOMA" album and got to place two beats! The first track he did was "Lapis At Papel"; wherein I just kinda got bored of what Gloc was doing in his past two albums with all the love songs he was doing. So I decided to sneak this beat I had, which is what I missed Gloc rocking to. And he tore it apart, everytime I would hear Lapis at Papel, it would give me goosebumps. He then picked another beat which ended up to be "Diploma". I am very thankful that I carry the single thats the title of the album as well. And he flipped it, classic Gloc-9 story of his life song. Francis M, would call me one day while I was taking a shower to congratulate me and to tell me how he like the two songs I've done with Gloc. C'mon guys, I had to pick it up even if I was in the showers -- it was FreeMan himself.

Later on, Gloc would hit me up, wanting some beats and hinting to do his final album. I was up for it, but the pressure was on. He wanted me to produce his last album, I said I'd love to. Hehehe, but to everyones pleasure he never pushed through with that album. He then came out with an EP under 6G'z "Limang Kanta Lang" in which I was privileged to land another beat in the project. I was actually making this beat for his final album, and I said to myself. If I was to end Gloc's career with a song, I would really love to make it a glorius beat. I handed this beat that turned into "Ako Ay Ikaw Rin" -- in which the hook is later on re-used for the "Pangarap" video. Hope you guys like it! And yeah, Me and Gloc have some songs in the works. I'll keep you posted!

No comments: