Tuesday, January 20, 2009

NEW YEAR x NEW PLACE x NEW BEGININGS

Whats going 2009? If you don't know by now, I'm not in the Philippines no more. My ventures had led me to Singapore and as bad as it may sound, it actually is a good place to start over. The irony of which, I am starting this blog all over. Away from the tenison and pressure of my label work in the Philippines, I am now able to concentrate on my lost love for words.

"Booked Me Flight" is a fitting first entry to my SOULFIESTA lifetime 2009. I've been bookin flights here and there, for leisure and business but none could have been more meaningful than this one to Singapore. Bittersweet. Leaving home, after all that I've acomplished is only fitting but as well is a heartache. Read through the lyrics and watch how I've penned my life around the music. I wrote this song a couple of days after me, Marquiss and Chrizo went to Cebu. The line "Hey Ma, check me out in Cebu tomorrow morning/ my flights at 7AM" -- refers to a friend of ours named Jan in Cebu, who I was intouch with the night before. There are so many lines there I would love to break down for you, but I'll choose the ones that are special to me. This song might affect you or not in the way it has affected me but in the spirit of blogging, I am sharing.

"Flying means bending Turbulence and the rain" - see how I wrote Turbulence with a capital first letter. It's cause I meant more than turbulent air passage. I was implying me and the label. We all gotta bend to a certain way in order to fly. Even flying means you bend your wings, or arc it right when its time to. Not all of my boys get to fly out to where I need to be. Only a select few, but it doesn't stop us from getting the job done.

"Chris Webber the game, I was expected to lose/ Almost gave up but the King in me begged to refuse/ It's a common tale of winning by breaking the rules/ Look to the stars do your thing, but it'll call on you soon/" - These lines are close to my heart, as close friends of mine know I'm a big CWEBB fan since his Wolverine days. His basketball IQ is high and he makes his team mates better. His growl is legendary in my eyes, it is the same growl I feel when I'm making beats and making hits! Hehehe, he had been traded to the Kings and he blew the city away. The last two lines is in remebrance of Arkane's "STARS"; in which we speak about music being secondary in this trip. It is the relationships you keep thats most important while building your music. It's a common tale of living against the grain, and winning with a vengeance ala any Scarface-esque story. But when STARS call you, be ready. Life will ask you in its most difficult times to be a responsible BROTHER, HUSBAND, FATHER and SON. Do your thing, but be ready when it calls.

Liquid Lifestyle Taiwan -- is the group of promoters that helped us out big time getting our music and dreams across these seas. I wouldn't even be walking with this much swagger if not for they trust! Word up!

This blog isn't your ordinary blog when you check it for 5 minutes and leave. I want everyone to get back into reading. There will be times this will be short, times when it will be long. I want you to read. These are pages in my life. Some upbeat, some down tempo. Pick your vice.

No comments: