Saturday, January 24, 2009

DEAD EMCEE SCROLLS SERIES: Mount Olympus by Arkane


DEAD EMCEE SCROLLS series, is a link to my hiphop roots. Where B-Roc, then known to some as Rhapsody, was able to see other emcees who right now, don't shine in abundance but had dented my views on hiphop. These pieces left a mark in my universe and to some as well. I am going thru my archives to show and display the makings of me. These pieces are by FILIPINO emcees that you might never see, hear or even hear about. I am with them and my being is their legacy. Hope you enjoy this first one!

Mount Olympus
Written by Arkane of Turbulence Productions


HOOK:

Before I knew it, I'm at the summit,
freestyling, while emcees try freeclimbing I'm free to see them plummet
And I never knew I could scale it by inches against gods and princes
but why am I looking down on Mount Olympus?


Last year, they were my role models, simply my idols
Now since my arrival, I stand next to them with a title
"Dont rival the ill recital", I never thought I could rhyme with..
..the best of them live and, get deep enough to dive with
We all gods, ruling over magnificent things
Of course we needed to kill, we aint legitimate kings
We had to step on/and wreck those/who wont understand it
So we set bombs/Till decks blow/and they learn the language
Much of our success is owed to ourselves
Its the magic of our talent, it goes with the spell
Props to Urban P's, who write these words with ease
And knew the urgency and acknowledge what the purpose means
Yall cant hold weight, its pun for u to crush alot
Give em the cold shoulder but I'm just too hot
Come on, step to me, but yall dont got the nerve
So I had to remind you that giants walk the earth

HOOK

Last year cyphers were empty, but then I began to emcee
Now ninety percent of yall dont impress me
"Give 'em time to grow up man", a part of me says
Then they jump around the scene with retarded effects
Beat ur crew the whole day and then charge at you next
I mean, why delay ur very first cardiac arrest?
Man, big talk is weak
My garden is filled with land mines, go ahead crip walk to me
I'm able to spit more bars than I'm allowed to
Able to make letters out of the pictures around u
And I spar a mouthful
I never was single celled and then a primate, even darwins doubtful
I'm fed and nurtured by hiphop, but I shook up rap
I'm too much on top, I have no more sky to look up at
A kingdom with my essence above it
If I ever stepped down, I'd still be hotness when I re-enter orbit

HOOK

Last year I was hiking with no instincts of surviving
Now all of em worship that distinct style of rhyming
Clawed my way on top, but I'm tougher than nails
I'm the rudder and sail, never had to suffer the gale
While feminine emcees keep on hiding they estrogen, its evident
With the best of them, I AM excellent
Perfection is never enough, I'm sendin them off
Human limit? Thats bull, yo that edge is my loft
I've said it, your soft! Fool, thats a law never to break
I control destiny, Goddayum, I'm better than fate
I inflict the deepness
Yall aint worth the lipstick your boyfriends kiss your cheeks with
Yea while b-boys head stand, and girls go ledge dance
I reach through each cornerstone and see how much my length spans
And they all found it hard for them to sound alarms
Breeding ground for gods? Naw, I grounded gods
If you've been followin, you should know
Words and thoughts dont come to me, I choose the flow
And I'm at the summit, spew up raps with a payload
Turn Mt Olympus into an active volcano
I'm fed and nurtured by hiphop, but I shook up rap
I'm too much on top, I have no more sky to look up at
A kingdom with my essence above it
If I ever stepped down, I'd still be hotness when I re-enter orbit

HOOK

Tripthalightphantastic, Nimbus 9ne, Haven, Marquiss, Wordswrath, El filibustero, Limbs, Rhapsody and to the rest of Urban P and Turbulence. Yo Psylent, we in this hiphop isht again bro

We make up Mount Olympus

FIN

This piece will tell you why I fucks with the right emcees, cause this is the piece I built my label around. If you're nothing close to this, means you have got to step up. If you've managed to work with me, means I see something in you. You have the potential to be amongst people in Mount Olympus. Stop looking at the summit, start climbing bitches.

No comments: